Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update~

Well, It's been a while but James, Kaida, and I are all doing well!! Kaida and I were sick for a little while around Christmas but we are both doing much better! We got a family dog over the holidays! A little mutt from the pound. We named her Luna, she is about 3 months old and one of the smartest dogs I have ever known! We have only had her for 3 weeks and she is already well on her way to being fully trained! The first night we had her I got her to sit and stay with no problems! She is a total doll!! She chews a lot but we fixed that by getting her lots of toys and playing with her as much as possible. We got the backyard all cleaned and got her side of the yard set up so we can put her on a runner during the day. At night she is in the house! and she will be a nice sized dog so we already know in a few months she will be able to jump the fence. Thank goodness for the stacks that go deep in the ground and have nothing sticking out.. I feel better about leaving her on it now! The rest of the back yard is still Kaida's!!

James is working and plays in a pool league every Wednesday with his Dad! Gets him out of the house and gets me some alone time! He seems to really like it so I got him a really nice pool stick for Christmas! He has been helping me with the wedding and just enjoying not working 6-7 days a week for right now.. I'm sure he will go back to that... Hopefully not too soon! I love having home with me!


Kaida is getting bigger and smarter every day!! She now knows her ABC's, all of her colors, numbers to 15 (she knows more but not consistently!), and she knows the pledge of allegiance now! She has a blossoming personality all her own! She loves to make people laugh and loves to play games!
She got hungry hippos and uno-moo for Christmas, and we got her candy land last weekend! James and I both get a kick out of playing board games with her! James got a wooden box from his Dad and painted it for a new toy box for her! She loves it. She got it from "Santa"!! Other than that my little girl is just growing up and having fun!

As for me! I've been working a lot on the wedding! Finally got my dress ordered! Just in time too! Got the DIY invitations (just got to put them together and mail them now!) . Still looking for my girls' dresses. Got Kaida's picked out! Man Weddings take a lot out of you!! Maybe I can get James to agree to the court house??! Nah, I've been trying since we got engaged and he hasn't given in yet! Work is going well! Still M-F and I am so happy that the year end madness is done now!! I can actually see the top of my desk again!!

More Updates...

We bought our first home in September!! We are all very excited about this!! We moved in the moment that they gave us the keys! Kaida calls it our new family home!! Don't know where she got that from! She has her own room again and has a lot more room to play! It is a small 3 bed/ 2 full bath starter home (2005 manufactured).. Great neighborhood, love the neighbors we have met. It is a beautiful house! And we are all very happy here!

We will be doing a lot of work to it over the next few years.. Making the back yard fencing 6ft (mostly 5-4 ft now). We want to add a 3 foot fence around the front (By the way, the front yard is HUGE!), and we want to take away a portion of the front yard and fence it with 6ft.. make the back bigger! I don't want to paint yet! ! No idea on colors yet!! We have talked about it and can't decide! We have a few more ideas but, I guess we should start with the projects we are sure about first!!

Other than that the wedding is set for April 10th at a friends house out in Inyokern (they have a beautiful view of the mountains and a lot of land!!) I'm thinking 1 or 2 in the afternoon for the ceremony! Guess I should talk to James to get his input!

Well, Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you all have a safe and blessed year!

No comments:

Post a Comment